Well it’s official I have now been living in Portland, OR just over 3 months now. Looking back 6 months I think it is crazy how many things have changed. Here are some updates for you:
- I am living in a great apartment with an awesome roommate in Northwest Portland. By far one of the best neighborhoods in the city. To this day I am still finding new shops and hole-in the wall restaurants. Turns out there is a French bakery just a stone throw away from me!🙂
- My new job is allowing me the ability to travel. I have already been to Las Vegas twice and heading to Austin next week! I had never been to either of these places before. Best of all, I actually came out a winner in Vegas; yea blackjack!
- Lastly I have been keeping pretty loyal to the gym and really working on achieving a few fitness goals. So far they are going well, even though I succumbed to purchasing a box of Girl Scout Cookies today. They get me every time!
Here’s what I’m looking forward to:
- Meeting new friends. Since my old home wasn’t too far from Portland I already have a handful of friends up here but as I grow as a person I look forward to expanding my circle. Hell, maybe I’ll even find a relationship! (fingers crossed)
- Getting involved with a local organization. I believe it’s important to be involved with philanthropic activities. If anyone knows of some good ones in here Portland let me know!
I feel that Portland will be a great place for me to grow both professionally and personally. Can’t wait to see what is to come!